Friday, May 31, 2013

Cross Stitching

Twice a year my church has a big General Conference. Essentially what this means is 8 hours of church in two days. Now it is one of my favorite times of the year but when I was a little kid I didn't find it quite so thrilling and would ultimately end up being rowdy and loud as we watched the broadcast in our basement. Luckily, my genius mother had a solution:

Cross Stitching

My mother sat each of us down and taught us to cross stitch and twice a year we would sit and cross stitch to our hearts content. It kept us occupied and quiet which made mom quite happy. It still cracks me up to picture my little brother fighting with my sister over certain colors of thread. That is a great visual for me.

Anyway... enough family history. The other day I was sitting and thinking of what a really cool cake would be to make and it hit me. CROSS STITCH!! So, the adventure of cross stitching a cake began. So. Much. Fun.

It was the long weekend. I had spent most of the day out in the sun picnicking and playing tennis. The only way that weekend could have been better was to make a fantastic cake. So, that is just what I did.






No comments:

Post a Comment